The energy industry is crucial to any country’s development. It requires considerable expertise to monitor and anticipate likely trends in the rapidly-changing energy sector.
Changes in global attitudes to consumption and energy have encouraged investments in projects concerning natural resources, whether traditional ones such as oil and natural gas or more contemporary ones such as shale gas or methane from coal deposits. It has also led to greater investment in renewable sources , so called green energy (wind, sun, geothermal energy).
The successful implementation of such projects requires a combination of legal experience and commercial knowledge, especially in the relevant energy sector.
How can we help?
Natural raw materials
- Consulting at every phase of upstream, midstream and downstream operations of the mining sector
- Complex consulting in obtaining the license for operations in the field searching for and discovering mineral deposits and extraction of minerals
- Conducting administrative and court procedures related to running operations in the field searching for and discovering mineral deposits and extraction of minerals
- Representing customers in administrative hearings before the Minister of the Environment and before administrative courts in disputes with the Minister of the Environment in cases concerning provision of licenses
- Services related to assessment of the environmental impact in the context of granting search licenses
- Complex consulting in contracts governing titles to land and access to land for running search, discovery and mining operations
- Legal consulting in transactions, we also prepare and implement various models of cooperation agreements: JV, CMA, farm-in, farm-out transactions etc.
- We support market leaders and industry organizations in the legislative process concerning hydrocarbons and the geological and mining law
- SSW is a founding member of the Mining Industry Employers’ Union (Lewiatan Confederation)