We specialise in natural resources and RES projects. We advise on projects involving traditional fossil fuels (e.g. oil and natural gas) and also on shale gas or coal-bed methane. We also advise on projects concerning renewable resources and green energy (e.g. wind, solar and geothermal projects).
We advise on all areas of the energy market, including natural resources, renewable energy sources and environmental protection.
How can we help?
- Negotiating or reviewing contracts with work contractors: construction contracts, general contractor, equipment supply, O&M;
- Helping energy market leaders to monitor and influence reforms to the energy law, construction law etc.;
- Helping to acquire system support (property rights from certificates of origin, participation in auctions) and investment aid (funds from the National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management, other sources).
- Advising on environmental issues which affect construction and infrastructure investments;
- Advising and representing clients in proceedings to obtain or amend environmental permits;
- Advising on environmental issues connected with the exploration and exploitation of deposits;
- Advising on the greenhouse gas emission trading scheme (EU ETS) and trading in emission allowances;
- Helping to acquire system support – free allocation of emission allowances and state aid for environmental purposes;
- Evaluating possibilities to opt-out of the greenhouse gas emission trading scheme and advising on how to opt-out;
- Implementing corporate social responsibility solutions (CSR) to environmental issues and business structures based on the concept of a circular economy;
- Advising on the management of waste and by-products, including mining waste and combustion by-products (UPS);
- Advising on adapting commercial operations to ensure compliance with EU legislation (inc. the BAT conclusions and the REACH regulation);
- Advising on liability for soil pollution and preventing/compensating for environmental damage;
- Advising on the legal aspects of water management;
- Representing clients in proceedings before the authorities competent for environmental matters and in court proceedings.
- Advising PGNiG on its merger with Orlen regarding the transfer and continuity of its upstream activities
- Advising on developing one of Poland’s first offshore wind farms, including constructing equipment for power output from turbines
- Advising a leader in the waste industry in Poland on obtaining an environmental decision for a thermal waste conversion facility
- Conducting a DD study of 16 CHP plants and providing transactional advice to Remondis on the acquisition of SFW Energia