Maximilian specialises in advising energy-intensive companies and energy companies on sustainability issues, including renewable energy, greenhouse gas emissions allowances (EU ETS), energy efficiency, energy transition, net-zero strategies, ESG and non-financial reporting .
He has advised on projects to acquire photovoltaic and wind farms. He also advises market-leading companies on transforming their sustainability strategies, from the design stage through to implementation. He is a member of the Sustainable Development and ESG Practice Steering Committee at SSW. He is an expert on non-governmental organizations which support climate change mitigation.
Before joining SSW, he worked at the Ministry of the Environment and PGNIG S.A. Maximilian has also advised Polish and international companies seeking to enter the Chinese market. He has worked at Linklaters, A&O, Long An (Shanghai) and SK&S.
- PhD in Law, University of Warsaw
- LLM, Ludwig-Maximilian University in Munich
- International Law, China University of Political Science and Law (Beijing)
- Masters degree in Law, University of Warsaw
- Mandarin Chinese, Fudan University (Shanghai)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting, SGH Warsaw School of Economics
- Mandarin Chinese