The 7th Opencast Mining School 2019 took place in Kielce – Mine 4.0
On the 9th of September, the 7th Opencast Mining School 2019 took place in Kielce. The event was organized by the Stanisława Staszica AGH University of Science and Technology in Cracow, the Department of Mining and Geoengineering Department of Mining Engineering and Occupational Safety of the “Mining Science and Traditions” Foundation, and the Mining Technology Section of the Mining Committee of the Polish Academy of Sciences of the Main Committee for Surface Mining Affairs ZG SITG of the Association of Polish Blasting Engineers.
SSW experts took part in this event, presenting on legal topics relevant to the Opencast mining industry.
Anita Palukiewicz gave a presentation on the topic “The most important changes in regulations affecting entrepreneurs from the opencast industry” and Łukasz Węgrzyn discussed Mining 4.0.
In this year’s edition of the event, the organizers put the main emphasis on discussing issues related to:
- Safe extraction of minerals and minimization of natural hazards
- The country’s resource policy and access to deposits
- The latest legal regulations of opencast mining activities
- Leading the movement of opencast mining plants
- Obtaining environmental decisions and mining licenses
- Modern technical solutions in rock mines and brown coal mines
- The reclamation and revitalization of former mining areas