SSW is the national leader in M&As during 2019, according to Mergermarket
SSW is a clear standout leader amongst domestic law firms operating in Poland in terms of the total value of M&A transactions we advised on. The accumulated value of those transactions exceeded USD 271 million.
Mergermarket, the leading provider of M&A data and intelligence, has published its 2019 report which analyses global and regional M&A activity over the past 12 months. As regards the Polish market, SSW Pragmatic Solutions was ranked in the top 10 of legal advisers. Furthermore, as regards the total value of our M&A transactions, we were the clear standout leader amongst domestic law firms operating in Poland.
In 2018, SSW advised on 2 transactions reported by Mergermarket, but during 2019 this increased to 7 M&A projects where SSW’s lawyers advised either the buyer or seller. The total value of those transactions exceeded USD 271 million, making SSW the number 1 M&A legal adviser amongst domestic law firms.
SSW’s recognition in the Mergermarket report comes as no surprise, as the firm was very active in the M&A domain last year. During 2019, we advised on numerous significant transactions across a wide range of industry sectors. To mention merely a few, we:
- Advised Cotta Group on a cross-border transaction with Steinhoff International Holdings – READ MORE.
- Advised Skanska S.A. on a transaction concerning the sale of certain assets used at 11 locations in the asphalt production business – READ MORE, and also on the sale of Wytwórnia Konstrukcji Stalowych and a branch in Cologne – READ MORE.
- Advised 4fi and Origami groups on the acquisition of a portfolio of 5 commercial facilities from Tesco – READ MORE.
- Advised the Thimm Group on the acquisition of 100% shares of United Packaging S.A. – READ MORE.
- Advised on a deal valued at almost PLN 1bn, to sell 100% of shares in Impexmetal S.A. to a Swedish manufacturer of aluminium products – Gränges AB – READ MORE.
- Advised Masterchem in the sale of their majority stake to Logoplaste Group – READ MORE.
- Advised Kospel S.A. in the sale of 100% of shares to Viessmann Group. – READ MORE.
The complete Mergermarket 4Q19 M&A report is available on the Mergermarket website.