We advise on IP issues during financial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, including advice on trademarks, copyrights, patents and designs. We represent clients in negotiations and litigation concerning infringements of intellectual and industrial property rights. We also represent clients before associations and regulatory bodies. We are experienced in advising on rights covered by R&D funding.
Intelectual property (IP)
We understand how important intellectual property is to your business. We help you to protect existing and emerging technologies, ideas and your commercial potential.
How can we help?
- IP rights audits;
- Developing IP protection strategies (including the protection of unidentified rights);
- Supporting employee idea programmes, rationalisation, innovation and rewards for creators.
Disputes, customs detentions
- Representing clients in negotiations and litigation concerning infringements of intellectual and industrial property rights;
- Assisting with customs detentions at the EU border, and in discussions with collective management organisations (e.g. Society of Authors and Stage Composers ZAiKS).
- Initiating a claim and representing a global alcohol manufacturer in a dispute concerning the use of trademarks and acts of unfair competition; participating in settlement discussions
- Advising a Polish infrastructure contractor on its response to a complaint against an EUIPO decision concerning an EUTM; representing the client before the EU General Court
- Analysing and amending a contract to implement a chatbot for pharmacists based on machine learning algorithms, on behalf of a global pharmaceutical manufacturer
- Advising a Polish biotechnology startup on acquiring rights to scientific research results, invention rights, copyrights
- Advising a global oil & gas company on IP, IP transactions; FTO reports and advice on patents and freedom to operate
- Representing a Polish technology start-up in due diligence and IP rights acquisition and representation the client in trade mark proceedings before the EUIPO, UKIPO and USPTO
- Representing a global marketplace platform before the EUIPO and filing an application to register a family of EU trademarks (word and figurative) for the website operator Leolist; drafting trademark licensing agreements
- Drafting a claim and representing a global consumer electronics manufacturer in a dispute concerning the use of trademarks and acts of unfair competition by a former distributor
- Advising a Polish scientific institute on negotiating a seed sales agreement and granting permission to use plant variety rights
- Advising a Polish manufacturer of data transmission technology on a joint venture to use software to compress and transmit data in cable networks, together with IP elements subsidised by NCRD funds
Show moreShow less
- Providing ongoing IP advice to a Polish resin manufacturer in relation to producing, marketing and designing resin, particularly as regards registering trademarks before the Polish Patent and Trademark Office (UPRP), unfair competition, trade secrets, IT licensing; drafting a comprehensive IT agreement, providing telecommunications services, lease of IT infrastructure, provision of backup services, licensing of third-party software, maintenance services; providing day-to-day advice on NDA and IP assignment agreements. Drafting claims and representing the client in disputes concerning the use of trademarks and acts of unfair competition
- Drafting a consortium agreement and structing the IP elements during project execution and commercialization, on behalf of a Polish biotechnology startup
- Conducting an IP audit and targeting the identification of non-acquired IP rights, on behalf of a Polish biotechnology start-up; analysing R&D project funding agreements
- Advising a global manufacturer of HVAC solutions on an IP rights dispute, a contract to produce an industrial heating and cooling boiler, and related IP rights and know-how
- Representing an Italian luxury furniture manufacturer in a dispute over infringements of IP rights, including CTM and RCD, civil, criminal proceedings, before customs authorities
- Drafting and negotiating an agreement to transfer IP rights (trademark, know-how, image rights) and a licensing agreement to operate a business related to the production and distribution of food products under the name of a well-known restaurateur, on behalf of a PE/VC advisor