Corporate law & VC transactions
For a company to function effectively, it is crucial to develop appropriate business strategies for resolving everyday challenges.
The incorrect application of corporate or commercial law can be dangerous for your company. Our legal advice allows you to minimise such risks so that you can conduct your business activities effectively.
In a dynamically changing market environment, appropriate legal and corporate consulting is essential at all stages of business.
We cooperate with other in-house teams at SSW Pragmatic Solutions, including SSW Finance and SSW Accounting, to provide our clients with comprehensive solutions that are fully customised to their individual business needs.
VC transactions & new tech
We advise VC funds, business angels, family office entities, but also startup founders themselves at every stage of the investment process, offering:
- due diligence dedicated to companies at early stages of development
- preparation of an investment agreement, including consideration of the specifics of the PFR and NCBiR
- preparation of shareholders’ agreement and the so-called founders’ agreement
- development of incentive programmes, convertible notes
We also handle exits from portfolio companies of VC funds, as well as traditional transactions involving new technology companies at later stages of development.
Investment funds, ASI and JV structures by design
We advise on the establishment of closed-end investment funds and alternative investment companies, including:
- we obtain entries in the register of ASI managers;
- we advise on fund structuring and fundrising
- we prepare investment agreements
- we prepare rules of cooperation between investors and investment fund companies with regard to fund management;
We help to carry out the so-called ASI test – we assess the possibility of recognising an investment structure as an ASI/ASI manager. We advise on the regulatory obligations of the ASI manager, both towards the PFSA and investors.
We advise on the creation and structuring of special purpose vehicles under the JV formula, on attracting investors and on preparing and negotiating investment agreements.
Corporate advice (company law)
We provide corporate advisory services to companies, branches of foreign entrepreneurs and funds. In particular:
- We set up companies and new branches for foreign entrepreneurs;
- We draft company agreements
- We advise on issues of shares and redemption of shares
- We implement restructuring processes including transformations, divisions, mergers and liquidations;
- We assist clients in carrying out the process of share dematerialisation
- We verify capital structures for the purpose of determining the UBO and report to the UBO register.